Message: 1
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:18:11 -0800
From: Scott Rossi <sc...@tactilemedia.com>
Subject: Re: HC convert: help with text as graphic or rotated text
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>

You can't physically rotate text, but you can create an image of text and rotate that. Here's one example of doing this. Execute the following in
your Rev message box:
go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/site_files/downloads/textspinner.rev "

If you want to print out the results, you could try creating your text at 4x the final size and then scaling down the imported text image/s to 25%. Kind of a pain to do but should give better print results. You could do all the
manipulation in a hidden stack if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design

Scott,

Thanks. This is a great utility. All the bells an whistles.

I tried to add one more element: Disembodied text, i.e. a text field field with zero border width and opaque set to false.

Unfortunately it crashes RunRev 4.0, build 950 on my Mac running 10.5.8 every time.

Any thoughts?

Jim Hurley