Fred,
1. PlayCommand Agent X (for Mac - available also for Windows) is a part
(engine) of Shakobox :
    http://www.hyperactivesw.com/resources_shakobox.html
2. For your problem : why not using something like a looper, example :
http://forum.recordingreview.com/f62/digitech-jamman-looper-reviews-7528/
Cordialement
René