On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 04:00 PM, Sarah wrote:

Yes, LF as a constant was only added in Rev 2.
It is equivalent to CR, return and linefeed.

A reasonable practice is to use 'return' for the Revolution new-line character (there is no NL constant in Revolution) and 'LF' in ASCII communication even though they are encoded the same. I use LF for both, perhaps to the annoyance of those who adhere to that reasonable practice. In the movie Tron is an old assembler program represented by a teletype machine--that's me. The name "return" sounds too much like the name of the ASCII carriage return for me to feel comfortable using it.

I apologize for the confusion in the use of LF

Dar