On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 05:30 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

Maybe when the stack is opened I can try a bunch of fonts and sizes until formatedHeight and formatted Width of test strings look right.

Or, and this is what you said, Mark, I can run experiments that create the map I need. If it is automatic my stack might look OK on exotic platforms or maybe go bananas.

That's it! Get a comparison program to create the maps. I sometimes forget that computers are supposed to make life easier. I'll need to work on this. Once I have one that works I can even try to intercept htmlText issues. My experience is to use font maps of known fonts that map well. If there is no comparison that fits well then I guess I'll just let it go. I'm storing the html in the saved documents so when they are opened by the other than creator platform I will have to use the font map to rewrite the html text. Lots of fun.

Mark