On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 06:45 AM, Wolfgang M. Bereuter wrote:

Assuming they are, can the same font be attached to the application/stack and work on both Mac and Windows without the user having to install the font?
Thats exactly THE question! Very interesting...

I have heard of embedded fonts. Not just acrobat and web, but also applications and documents on several operating systems. I'd like to learn more of this.

Just having look-the-same fonts for multiple operating system and installing them might work.

Having those stuffed in custom properties and then birthed and installed with shell or AppleScript would be cool if a restart is not needed or anything like that.

Even cooler would be having three fonts built into the engine and they look the same on whatever platform.

Dar Scott

**************************************** Dar Scott Consulting http://www.swcp.com/dsc/ Programming Services ****************************************