On Nov 2, 2003, at 12:46 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:

For me Rev 2.1 crashes a good deal, on Mac OSs O9.2.2 and 10.2.8 and on Windows XP. Not a RAM issue, I think (the Windows machine has 256Mb and the Mac 448mb). It's usually something to do with quitting Rev when the thing I'm working on has its own 'quit' script, or when I try to purge out the thing I've been working on (Save, then Close and Remove from Memory) and then try to start working on another stack file. The Distribution Builder sometimes suffers in the same way (try to close it then go on to something else). This is all slightly hard to pin down - doesn't happen with obvious consistency, so I have never been quite sure enough of any of the sequences to produce exact formulae for bugzilla.

FWIW I think that Rev 2.1.1 RC1 is a big improvement stability-wise. I'm running OS X. 2.1.1 RC1 crashes now and then, but not nearly as much as in past versions.

My opinion: shortage of memory can't cause Rev to crash. OS X and Linux both have really good virtual memory systems. Unlike Mac OS Classic where if any app is not allocated enough memory it will go haywire or crash. In OS X and Linux (and WinNT,2K,XP?) when you run low on memory, your system merely starts to thrash with disk activity as memory starts to page in and out.

Alex Rice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Mindlube Software | <http://mindlube.com>