At 11:15 am -0800 7/11/03, Paul Stary wrote:
At 10:22 AM -0800 11/7/2003, Paul Stary wrote:
This works great from within Revolution, but can't build a
standalone of the stack that will open a Rev stack on the remote
server. Don't see how that would be possible, as a Rev stack is a
Revolution file, and as such needs the application Revolution to
open it. But was hoping that building a standalone with all
options would provide enough of the Rev engine to work.

What am I missing here?

Make sure to include the Internet library (on the Inclusions tab in
Step 3 of the Distribution Builder) when you're making your
standalone and it should work.
--
Jeanne DeVoto ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools

I have always had the Internet library included, but still will not
open a Rev stack from the server using the standalone built from
stack. Stack works fine when opened in runtime.

I must be doing something wrong, as you seem to imply that it SHOULD
be possible to open Rev stacks from a remote server using the
standalone which incorporates a button with the script...

go stack "http://www.myserver.com/stacks/mystack.rev";

... assuming it is built correctly. Is there any other options in
the build process I might be missing or have set wrong?

The syntax should be:

go stack url "http://www.myserver.com/stacks/mystack.rev";

Cheers
Dave

Thank you, Dave!!! That did the trick. I am truly amazed at Revolution's ability to publish its stacks over the Web. This will be HUGE for me.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread and thanks you Revolution Team... what a great product!

--

Paul Stary
Audio-Video Engineering