I'm a bit lost as to where you're headed with this, but hopefully some of this background helps:

* Transcript is compiled into bytecode when you save a script. It is not purely interpreted- think Java (conceptually at least).
* The "do" command allows you to execute arbitrary scripts at runtime, but is subject to the scriptLimits property.
* You can write your own "handlers" to add commands and functions to the language
* You can write externals in C or C++ to add commands and functions to the language
* There are no #if, #include, #define, etc directives, but there is "start using" , "insert script" and constant declarations.
* commandNames(), functionNames(), externalCommands() and externalFunctions() can give you a list of all built-in commands and functions, along with external commands and functions.

HTH

So, when tha apply button is invoked the routines/interpreter that builds the "tokens" has no parse directives? Are there no #if style constructs? I guess some documentation on specifically how the compile/tokenization process occurs would be helpful. Is the metacard/transcript compiler using the TIL concept of words? Doese metacard/transcript have a header segment or dicrionary that is accessible? So each of the words/handlers have a IMMEDIATE bit or identifier? I understand these are rather "under the hood" questions I just fiqure that they would be in the documentation.

Kevin