We may be straying to far from the topic at hand here (RR)...

Most software licenses these days do not have 'bug-free' clauses. Typically, you purchase the software 'as is.'

But developers must be very careful about this, or be left to the mercies of the judiciary. Suppose I sell a product using the claim, "Fully integrated with Quicktime!" After purchase, customers discover bugs that make Quicktime integration impossible. If I plan on saying, "Oh, sorry—that software is sold 'as is,'" then I'd better buckle myself in for a long battle. Lawsuits might be justified, in my opinion. You can't just lie or refuse to keep promises you made.

J.