On Jul 9, 2004, at 12:04 PM, Kaveh Bazargan wrote:

It's bash, which I think is default for Panther, but the path is not the
same as Terminal. Here's the response to put shell("echo $SHELL; echo
$PATH"):

/bin/bash
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/kaveh

Sorry. It was right in front of me.

(It does look like we found a bug not directly related to your problem. My shellCommand property is "/bin/sh", but bash is run in my shell(), too.)

I'm naive in Unix.

From my Terminal I get this:
echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

From shell() on Rev 2.2 I get this:
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/dar

I'd look in /etc/bashrc and in .profile, too. There might be other files. I don't get the long $PATH in Terminal. Maybe some installers put them in .profile or other file.

Dar Scott