Two reasonable suggestions -- comments below:

On Jul 28, 2004, at 4:48 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Cross-platform fonts...what is everyone else doing?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Stupid idea: Since Windows fonts stay assigned after you assign them on
Windows, why not just *do* that as a one-time operation when you're releasing
stuff for Windows? Yes, this does somewhat go against the "write once, run
anywhere" ideal we all strive for. But if Windows just refuses to either do the
right thing itself, or allow you to do the right thing for it...

I considered that -- but I started this thread hoping not to have to do that.

Message: 4