Couldn't agree with you more. I think it's a function of HyperCard leading the way-- and Apples 'leading-edge' effect. MS is like Dell. You rarely see innovation there first, only after someone else has 'validated' the technology.

Though, I guess, MS is getting better, and one could say their ability to rip-off others technology does make better business sense than the 'not invented here' syndrome from Apple.

(I know, I know, some will say Apple 'stole' the technology from Xerox. But overall, Apple's NIH syndrome is legend)

This could make one believe that in general, Windows based developers have less interest overall in XTalk languages. I think it could be a case of the fact that Mac users don't recognize any correlation between "ease of use" and "lack of power", while Windows users equate "hard and cryptic" with "more powerful." List members excepted, of course.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.