On 12/13/04 2:30 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

sez [EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 12/13/04 10:15 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

I would guess that HyperTalk did not have local, global or constant at
the script level (outside of handlers), so there may not have been an
issue.

Exactly right, so the issue never arose. I do understand the problem you bring up. It may be that us old-timers have to evolve.

I think I see a possible solution. What if, whenever a user comments out the "on HandlerName" or "function FcnName" line of a handler, the engine automatically comments out the *entire* handler, down to and including the "end [name of handler]" line at the end? Obviously, *un*commenting the "[functi]on HandlerName" line should uncomment the entire handler.
This way, not only can old-time HCers do what they've always done and get the same practical results, but it's a convenient shortcut for dyed-in-the-wool Rev'ers. Yes? No?

Yup. We think alike; I just wrote something almost exactly the same in my last post. I think this would work very well.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]