I miss Ben. At least he knew that he was rude.

Tom

On Jun 29, 2005, at 12:26 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

I for one am getting very annoyed at the constant ranting and raving lately and especially the snide and rude remarks. I try to assume since there are many non-english speaking people or ones with whom english is not their first language on the list that sometimes it might just sound rude but not really be rude because of the language translations. But there are a couple of people that have been just plain rude. Insulting "the whole list" and accusations that 'real programmers would never work this way" or " I am used to decent tools" etc. I am also getting fed up with the references to "better" programs and or languages like Pascal, FORTRAN, VB, Delphi, Java, or Word. If they are so great then I must ask "Why are these people here?" , "Why not just go back to these 'superior' products/languages?"

I am trying to learn Transcript and could care less about these other languages. I am trying to become proficient with Transcript not with VB or Delphi. I do mind about how Rev progresses and grows and I for one don't want it influenced by these other languages or programs at all. Instead of saying that we all should change because these people don't like it or are not used to it, I suggest rather that these people learn to adapt to this far superior way of 'simple' coding style instead of wasting so much list space with all this nonsense.

Now maybe I am just having a bad day and maybe not, but I think some of this is going too far.

Tom

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.8, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev 2.5

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS