At 1:11 PM -0400 7/18/2005, Brad Borch wrote:
Thanks for the pointer. I've done a fair bit of work in Director, Flash, etc. A long time ago I did Hypercard work. I'm sure with a little bit of guidance I'll get "custom properties," but if you could just point me to a brief explanation of how this works and how to "suck up" and "spit out" (as I've heard the process referred to in some posts) something like another file or executable, I'd appreciate it.

How to store a file in a custom property:

You can use a URL to store a file in a custom property:

  set the myStoredFile of stack "My Stack" \
     to URL "binfile:mypicture.jpg"

You restore the file by putting the custom property's value into a URL:

  put the myStoredFile of stack "My Stack" \
     into URL "binfile:mypicture.jpg"

  Tip:  To save space, compress the file before storing it:

  set the myStoredFile of stack "My Stack" \
     to compress(URL "binfile:mypicture.jpg")
--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jaedworks.com