On Aug 23, 2005, at 1:21 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

Thought some of you might be interested in this article from the NYT on Computer Science as a major in today's world of technology and the problems with off-shoring of programming jobs.

TECHNOLOGY   | August 23, 2005
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/23/technology/23geeks.html? ex=1125460800&en=6b61cc74c14ba4af&ei=5070&emc=eta1>ATechie, Absolutely, and More
By STEVE LOHR
For computer science students, expanding expertise beyond programming is crucial to future job security as technology jobs move to India and China.

Jim,

Great article to bring to everyone's attention. I completely believe that to be a successful developer, one must have a well rounded background in areas outside of programming. The ability to generate and analyze data about competitors, customers, and market conditions creates long term viability. I have passed this link on to others in the field.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com