Francis,

One more small point. When I drop my files onto (would
you believe it ?) a Lexar JumpDrive, and move to the PC,
I find that I have twice the files I thought. I get the same
number of Alias ? files, equivalent to the files I copied.
How do I remove this problem ?

I have simply ignored the files that whose names start with "._".

I suspect these files contain the resource fork data -- if the file has any. Since Rev stacks have nothing in the resource fork, it shouldn't be an issue...and hasn't been for moi.

Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

For those wondering about those ._ files, here is the explanation from the "guilty" party, Apple itself:

For most files, these ._ are actually empty and in case of Rev stacks safely ditched.

Robert