On 30 Aug 2006, at 17:35, Lars Brehmer wrote:

A question for you pros out there.

I couldn't find much on this in the archives, so I have to ask you all now:

Is there a way to use non Roman characters in the script editor? I have a pop-up menu button that gives two language choices for the program interface language - Estonian and Russian. All buttons and a few other things have 2 profiles - Estonian and Russian with the labels and text in the appropriate language. The problem seems to be that when I put the Russian choices into the menuPick script it doesn't respond. When I switch profiles with the message box, all is well. Is there a workaround for this? Another way characterize the menu choices that are in Russian in the button pop-up?

Off the top of my head and not tested.

Can you store the Russian choices somewhere, for example in a custom property or hidden field? And in the menuPick script make a comparison with the stored versions.

For example:

on menuPick pWhichItem

switch
case pWhichItem = line 1 of field "storedItems"
  ##
##etc.

end menuPick

Cheers