On Nov 17, 2006, at 12:43 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

The syntax identifies properties, so why give them a special prefix?

I use "u" before my custom property names to distinguish them from built-in properties for several reasons. First, I won't be bollixed when new properties are added to the built-in properties that happen to collide with my well-thought out property name; second, it draws the distinction succinctly in the script between a property that's meaningful for the task and those pertaining only to the GUI; and third, I can help myself avoid runtime errors because typing "put xxx into uYYY" throws a terezaSyntaxError.

Tereza Snyder

   Califex Software, Inc.
   www.califexsoftware.com