Andre,

Wow, man, I am sorry to hear this. It reminded me once again of the
necessity of keeping thiings backed up. I'm pretty meticulous about it but
every once in a whlie I let it slide.

Hope your woes can be solved soon.

Dan

On 1/15/07, Andre Garzia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Friends,

I was here coding some AJAX programs and developing libraries, my
macbook just made a strange mechanical noise and then it was dead...
when tried to boot, it made lots of mechanical noises and it never
booted again. The noises are comming from the hard drive. I am
assuming I lost everything. all my source code for the last year and
everything I was working. I don't know what is broken... but I can't
make it boot even from CDs...

I don't know what I am to do now. I am writting from my old G4. I was
doing some contract work and then it broke. The machine is now
bricked. Can't boot from HD, Firewire, Network or CD, I've tried them
all. The screen goes white, lot's of bad noises and the famous
question mark of "no system folder". I can't even erase the PRAM...
never chimes.

sorry for this annoucement but it will be a while till I set
everything up again. Tomorrow I'll go to apple repair service but
they are making a fool of me for more than three months already. I
was waiting for a replacement main board for this same machine. Now
it appears, I'll need a new machine.

My backup machine was broken some months ago, I had no money to buy
the parts to build it up again. The G4 had no space for hosting the
macbooks backup. I think I just lost all my revolution source code
which was maybe 5 or 6 gb worth of code.

andre