Andre

This worked for my iBook too and is a cheap and easy diy solution if the actual drive and mechanism is OK. If there is a problem with the drive itself, and *no other means of recovery is open to you* then you may have nothing to lose by disassembling (or getting someone else to disassemble) the HD itself and transferring its platters to another mechanism. This is a high risk last resort strategy for the point at which you are already regarding the data as lost. Google under 'disassemble hard drive'.

Best of luck

James
--
James J Richards