On Feb 23, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Bob Warren wrote:

Dave wrote:

I've been suffering in silence about this for ages!

Has anyone else been driven crazy by the way in which the IDE selects and then moves objects? What I mean is that it's way too easy to move an object just by selecting it. e.g. you select it with a mouse down and accidently move the mouse and then the objects shifts a couple of pixels. I think the mouse should be "de- bounced", e.g. any movement within a short period should be ignored, or better still it shouldn't move the object until it's been selected by a Mouse Down and a Mouse Up, then to move it you Mouse Down, or maybe you should only be able to move it by dragging a certain area.

Anyone agree???

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but doesn't the "Lock size and position" option in the control's properties solve this problem? Or would it be equally annoying to you to have to set this property for all your controls? If so, I would suggest putting forward the idea of a global property/switch to lock all controls.

Bob

For me it's mostly annoying during the time after I've put controls onto a card but before I've got them finally positioned. Once they're where I want them, I lock their positions and it's not a problem anymore. If there is a way "screen out" inadvertent moves associated with mouse clicks, I'm all for it.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University