Andrew Lian -nswc wrote:
Dear All

Please forgive yet another newbie question.

I have stack which plays a sound file played through a playerobject. Its path is identified in the player's "Source" property. Let's say it is C:/sounds/apl.wav.

The file plays perfectly well in the development environment and on my computer.

I now make a standalone application - and it is produced ok. However, my sound file can no longer be heard. Either it has not been automatically packaged into the application or there is a path problem.

I have tried to include the relevant file in the package by using the "Copy Files" setting of the "Standalone application settings" but that seems to make no difference. Is there some legible documentation somewhere of how to prepare the files so that the whole package gets produced correctly with the correct paths? DO I have to respect the original paths and recreate them on any computer which tries to run the standalone?

This is almost certainly a file path problem. If you are refering to the sound file by a long file path name, it will not be the same on anyone else's machine. And if you build a standalone with the file added to the standalone folder, then its file path will also have changed.

You can solve the problem in a couple of ways. The easiest way is to calculate the correct file path with a script. Something like this should work:

put the effective filename of this stack into tPath
set the itemdelimiter to slash
put "mySoundFolder/mySoundFile.aif" into last item of tPath

This will produce a file path to a file named "mySoundFile.aif" inside a folder called "mySoundFolder" which is next to the standalone. On Windows, that would be a folder in the same parent folder as your standalone. On OS X, it would be a folder inside the Mac OS folder which is inside the application bundle.

Note that inside the IDE, it won't work until you move a copy of the sound file folder into the same parent folder as your stack.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]