Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

When a photo is taken, it gets a modification date at the same time, although it is - as it were - only modified out of non-existence. The creation date is generated when the image arrives on the computer, and a new creation date is generated each time the image is saved or copied. Simply "moving" an image to another folder does *not* change the creation date.

Wow, that sure doesn't seem right. I wonder if the editing app you are using is saving the files by creating copies and then deleting the originals? That might explain it. I know the Mac doesn't change creation dates when just saving a file, and I haven't noticed it on XP either -- though I admit I do very little editing on that OS. Most of my image editors are on the Mac.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]