From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <user-list@light.realsoft3d.com>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 10:15 AM
Subject: RE: View windows

> Hi, and welcome
>
> > I'm still hesitating because it took me quite some time to
> >learn how to use Real 3D. I don't really find it user
> >friendly. It looks like Realsoft3D is a lot more powerful, but
> >is it also easier to work with?
> >
> >And do you get a paper manual when you buy on internet, on the
> >Realsoft site?
>
> Wow, someone still using Real3D? Cool :-) Well, I find Realsoft3D easier
> to use, although it sure has its moments sometimes. But be prepared to
> spend some time with the tutorials. Just being able to work with SDS
> objects should be reason enough to switch, you won't believe how much
> better they are compared to that old stuff. Nurbs are also naturally
> much more flexible than the old b-splines.
>
> Not sure what it costs to upgrade from v3, but maybe Markus sells cheap
> to an old timer?
>
> Realsoft3D is "fairly easy" to learn if you're used to 3D. It's
> interface and "interaction process" has shortcomings and can make it
> hard to use and learn, but the same reasons can often make it more
> flexible than others. I.e. the VSL materials can be hard to grasp, but
> allows for a lot more flexibility than the easier to use 3ds-max system.
>
> You don't mention what your needs are. For home projects or even some
> professional (ads, but not movies) work it will suffice, but it tends to
> fail as a gaming development base (lack of proper tools). If price is a
> concern, then definately Realsoft3D would be well worth the money, even
> as a secondary application.
>
> Regards
> Karl (sorry for the following rant)
>
> This e-mail and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, use,
disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this e-mail or
associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message
or by telephone and delete this e-mail and any attachments permanently from
your system.