> I also typically use a metre scale, and I don't understand your
> question about the size of the view window. This is very different
> depending on what part of the city model I am currently working on. If
> I'm modelling the rough edges of a lake, my view window may cover
> hundreds of metres but when I'm making sure that the points of a small
> section of a sidewalk are precicely accurate, my view window may be
> zoomed in to such a degree that fractions of millimeters can be
> clearly seen.
> Fredrik Bergholtz

Right :

  So very simply , as Arjo has said , you use a viewport window
that ranges from very small (millimeters in size) to very large
(hundreds of meters in size) .

   As I have mentioned (as a kind of recap of a recap) I have
a few issues when scaling up to large (100's of Meters) size
scenes , and Vesa has addressed these issues recently very
well .

Thanks .

studio
www.niagara.com/~studio