Yo Zaug..
I am happy you tested it out, and came out on top.. with a nice model..
That football render looks coolio..
Could be a cool model for a  Death Star styled Football anim...
Have it kicked hard, from a nice green field, and out into space...landing on a Planet with lava grass pitch..and some Alien Robots, starting a game....!

Looking forward for more of your scripts.. for more of these styled footballs..

btw, I watch the worldcup in soccer now, and seeing the pattern of the matchballs.. I miss a function in the SDS Knife Tool, to be able to cut a SDS into whatever pieces, without the SDS object changes its shape..
(the 'Smooth' Tool adds points/edges without changing the shape...)

Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..

Beg-inner wrote:
Hi Matthias, Frank, Arjo and Robert..

Thank you all, for all of your nice comments, feels good to read them..
Hopefully the tut will be helpful and useful.

I am really happy that the tut finally came to life..
and that you guys liked it, is a bonus.

Beg-inner,
I finally got around to actually working through this tutorial; much
learned about snapping and such; thankz. Additionally, I am now even
more inspired to write a script that makes objects like this; look at
all of the possibilities here:
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~brought/Epubs/soccer/soccer.html
; )

Cheers,
Zaug

P.S.
As threatened: http://www.catmtn.com//images/renders/real_greeblez-14.jpg

--
My love of the  halfling's leaf has clearly slowed my mind.
<|8?o