> > > Check the force to screen box in startup options.
> > > Arjo
> You can also find a shortcut in the Start Menu Realsoft folder.

   Ah so ! Nice !

> Use the Diffuse_AO instead of the blurred one.
> Now you can disable post image effects as this one renders directly to the
> image.
> To go further you can lower the Raycount to one in the material properties.
> Finally lower the quality of the lightsource, generating the soft shadow.
> Then the image renders in one second or so.
> The downside is you end up with a non aliased image with some black snow.
> While experimenting you have to find a certain balance in speed and quality.

OK , thanks for the tips , hope to try them out tonight .

> For the final image it's just a personal choise what minimum values one
> thinks to be necessary to get an acceptable image.
> Arjo.

Right . I just thought that this new shader tweak of yours was
actually very fast too . Maybe not as fast as the C4D version ,
but it seemed to fly on my system with your default project
once I turned down the AA .

   Hope to compare some render times with a Gi Post for
comparison in the next couple of days .

studio