OK,

Pity one cannot export the MTL file, make a huge difference,
especially if you have done the work to assign all the materials in RS
already. Repeat work.

It might be time to ask for an OBJ exporter update once again - to
include an MTL file :D

That scene I popped up was already textured. I imported the OBJ ./ MTL
file into Octane and only needed to do a small bit of tweaking on the
texture front.

But then I suppose you could just use RS to do the modelling with no
texturing, import into Octane and do all the texturing there ..

Aidan