Your node is fairly underpowered (2 cores and 8 GB RAM) and is less than
most laptops.  That said

6M / 12sec = 500K/sec

is good for a single node Accumulo instance on this hardware.

Spitting might not help since you only have 2 cores so added parallism can't
be exploited.

Why do you think 500K/sec is slow?

To determine slowness one would have to compare with other database technology
on the same platform.