Hi

The accumulo version is 1.8.1. I have tried copying the rf files.

*Here are the steps that I followed :*

*1. create a table of same name in the new accumulo cluster(v1.7)*

*2. the distcp the folder corresponding to the table to the new accumulo instance(1.7). The folder association with table was checked through table -l command on old accumulo cluster.*

*3. The files are replaced for the table in the new accumulo cluster.*

*4. When I did this for a small table it worked(when the associated folder had just the default folder and no splits). But when it was done for a large table which consisted many splits other than the default folder, I was unable to import that data.*

I have gone through the link that you've sent. And the above steps are pretty similar.

Can you please explain this further:

- If you have data you need to keep, you can bulk import the existing RFiles into a new instance if you can associate the files to a table. *Having the old splits would be helpful but is not necessary.*
Here I can associate rfiles with table but how can we import table with splits. ALso we have the metadata table intact can we use that.

thanks

Pranav