Then make a CF in which you store the mappings from UTF8 (or byte[]!)
names to CFs.  Now all clients can read the same mappings.  Problem
solved.

Still not solved because you have arbitrary, uncontrolled clients
doing arbitrary, uncontrolled things in the same Cassandra cluster?
You're doing it wrong.