Pelops uses a single connection per operation from a pool that is backed by
Apache Commons Pool (assuming you're using Cassandra 0.7). I'm not saying it's
perfect but it's NOT sharing a connection over multiple threads.

Dan Hendry mentioned that he sees these errors. Is he also using Pelops? From
his comment about retrying I'd assume not...

--
Dan Washusen