On 7/18/2011 1:20 PM, Héctor Izquierdo Seliva wrote:
If using the version that has both rt and wt caches, is it just the wt
cache that's polluted for compactions/flushes?  If not, why does the rt
cache also get polluted?

As I said, all reads go through flashcache, so if you read three 10 GB
sstables for a compaction you will get those 30 GB into the cache.

Of course.  I wasn't thinking clearly.

So, back to a previous point you brought up, I will have heavy reads and even heavier writes. How would you rate the benefits of flashcache in such a scenario? Is it still an overall performance boost worth the expense?

Thanks,
aj