1) Stable is a hard word to define. History shows it is better to let
anything .0 burn in a bit. if you are pre-production it probably does
not matter, otherwise I would say play safe. Wait for a .1 or .2 or
the .0 is in the wild for a few weeks.
2) I worked on one of the patches to get hector working with 1.1 there
is a specific release especially for those creating meta-data
3) We are slowly migrating our environment to Java 1.7. The only issue
we have ran into is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4275 which is just a
setting tune. Anecdotally I see something that could be better
performance with 1.7 (but I also did a kernel update) so I would not
call it essential.

Edward