I think Cassandra should provide an configurable option on per column
family basis to do columns sorting by time-stamp rather than column names.
This would be really helpful to maintain time-sorted columns without using
up the column name as time-stamps which might otherwise be used to store
most relevant column names useful for retrievals. Very frequently we need
to store data sorted in time order. Therefore I think this may be a very
general requirement & not specific to just my use-case alone.

Does it makes sense to create an issue for this ?