@B Todd Burruss:
Regarding the use cases, I think they are pretty common. At least I see its
usages very frequently in my project. Lets say when the application needs
to store a timeline of bookmark activity by a user on certain items then if
I could store the activity data containing columns(with concerned item id
as column name) & get it ordered by timestamp then I could also fetch from
that row whether or not a particular item was bookmarked by user.
Ordering columns by time is a very common requirement in any application
therefore if such a mechanism is provided by cassandra, it would be really
useful & convenient to app developers.