Yes, because there will also be a lot of inserts, and the linear
scalability that c* offers is required.

But the inserts aren't static, and the data that comes in will need to be
updated in response to user events.

Data which hasn't been touched for over a week has to be deleted.
(Sensitive data, so better to delete when its out of date rather than store
it).

Couldn't really do the weekly tables without massively complicating my
report generation, as the entire dataset needs to be queried for generating
certain reports.

So my question is really about how to get the best out of c* in this sort
of scenario.