Maybe my understanding is wrong and I am not really a "deployment guru" but it looks like to me that

Orange (https://github.com/Orange-OpenSource/cassandra-k8s-operator, 1 contributor and 1 commit for now on 2019-05-24) and sky-uk/cassandra-operator (https://github.com/sky-uk/cassandra-operator , it's in alpha phase and not recommended in production, 3 contributors, 24 commits btw 2019.03.25-2019.05.21, 32 Issues) are developing something I could use in my OWN(!) Kubernetes based solution (even on premise if I want or whatever)
They are both open source. Right?

While
Datastax and Instaclustr are commercial players and offer the solution in a tightly-coupled way with Cloud only (I just took a quick look on Instaclustr but could not even figure out pricing info for this service... probably I am lame... or not? :-))

So this looks to me a nice competition...
What do I miss?

ps.: maybe Orange and sky-uk/cassandra-operator guys should cooperate..?? Others are clearly building business around it

cheers

Attila Wind

http://www.linkedin.com/in/attilaw
Mobile: +36 31 7811355