Beside the enhancements at storage layer, i think there are couple of good
ideas in Rocksdb that could be used in Cassandra, like the one with disabling
sort at memtable-insert part (write data fast like commitlig) and only sort the
data when flushing/creating sst files.

Sent using https://www.zoho.com/mail/

---- On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 23:47:05 +0330 Elliott Sims <elli...@backblaze.com>
wrote ----

I'm not too familiar with the details on what's happened more recently, but I
do remember that while Rocksandra was very favorably compared to Cassandra 2.x,
the improvements looked fairly similar in nature and magnitude to what
Cassandra got from the move to the 3.x sstable format and increased use of
off-heap memory.  That might have damped a lot of the enthusiasm for further
development.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 10:50 AM Gareth Collins