Hi!
I am just curious if anyone else has ever used them and how they did it.
I am not sure, this is some of the last things I added (with the help of a contributor) but didn't finished it, nor documented it :-( *help*

Is the only use of them when you create your own client that knows about your
own operations? Or should any VFS client (e.g. JCommander)  know how to
discover which operations exist, select one, configure it and execute it?
The idea is to being able to lookup "abstract" operations. For example the "update" operation and VFS returns a CsvUpdate or SvnUpdate depending on the used implementation. As far as I remeber there is a way to list all file operations. A tool like JCommander than can use reflection to get an idea of which configuration options are available and can present a user a list then.

Ciao,
Mario