On 04/30/2013 12:47 AM, John Boyer wrote:
Hi:

UPDATE:
The UNIX error message is referring to the absolute path of the jsvc
executable. When I invoked the executable with its absolute path it worked. I
assume it's the same problem on Mac OS X.

/usr/local/bin/jsvc -jvm server -debug -home /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk -cp
/usr/local/bin/commons-daemon-1.0.15.jar:myjar.jar MyDaemonClass

I'm really happy it's working now.

Yeah. Sorry, forgot that this message is for jsvc not classpath.
You should either call ./jsvc or /absolute/path/jsvc
The reason is again security so that child does not pick up different
executable in case users and root environment PATH mismatch and both
have jsvc in PATH directories in different places.
Eg. a typical would be systems with jsvc inside /usr/sbin/ and you
wish to start your own from /foo/bar/. It would be hard to determine
which one would be called (depends on PATH)

So, just use either relative or absolute paths.
Actually we just test if the executable has '/' inside invocation
since this prevents PATH search.

Regards
--
^TM