Hello,

Our application monitors multiple folders for new files to import. Once a new
file is detected, it is moved to a working folder where it is processed and
then moved to an archive folder. Files are never updated, and ones that are
deleted before processing are skipped. The current implementation has the
folders on the same server as the application. We are using Java's WatchService
to do the monitoring. For security reasons, we have to move to a new design
where the folders will be on a different server. My understanding is that
WatchService will not work well for this. I am evaluating FileAlterationMonitor
as an alternative. I have several questions. Is there additional documentation
I can reference? If the folder being monitored is on a mapped network drive and
the connection is lost, what happens? Can the monitor detect files that already
exist when it starts? It is also important that the files remain in the order
they were created to be imported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Patrick R. Thomas
Software Engineer

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only
for the use of the person(s) to which they are addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. Further, any medical information
herein is confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized
persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential medical
information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately advise the
sender and delete this message and any attachments. Any distribution, or
copying of this message, or any attachment, is prohibited.