On 14.02.2011, at 18:43, Zdravko Gligic wrote:

> Nikolai,
>
> I am using Adobe AIR to create desktop applications, from which I am
> able to run Win .exe and/or .bat files. What I need is for my AIR
> application to be able to kick start a CouchDB install, if it's not
> yet installed and then on subsequent installs just to get going
> CouchDB either as a service or some other way.  I need that to be
> totally decoupled from FireFox or any other browser. How difficult
> would it be to tweak what you have?  With that, we would have an
> installer that could work with any type of a Windoze desktop
> application.
>
> Regards,
> Zdravko

Zdravko,

I am not quite sure whether I understand your need but generally the windows
binaries of the CouchDB can be executed either as windows service or directly
from from the source directory by starting the batch file. The problem is it is
hard to compile the binaries but Dave Cottlehuber has created super collection
of binaries for all major versions of CouchDB on github:
https://github.com/dch/couchdb/downloads

What the WinCouch does is it is a .NET windows form application that starts the
CouchDB binaries an furthermore wrap a full featured FireFox browser component
embedded in the windows form so no firefox need to be installed. It is a simple
way to repackage a web application resided in the CouchDB (couchapp) and
visualize its content in the wrapped firefox webview component in the windows
form.

It will support the HTML5 like FF 3.5 in theory, no idea about the flash plugin
support.

Cheers
Nikolai