OK, I have downloaded, unzipped, clicked on WinCouch.exe and it all
works - which is great!

I need to replace WinCouch.exe with an Adobe AIR desktop application -
either replace it or somehow transparently embed it within my AIR app.
 However, I am not sure if it's .NET that provides all of the
necessary glue magic that makes integration with all of those *.dll's
possible or if that can be done from any other environment.

So for example, would it be possible to replace .NET with Python or
Java and end up with a similar Windows app that starts CouchDB, it's
internal server and whatever else might be happening behind the
scenes?  If so, then I might be in luck with Adobe AIR.  In any case,
when might the source code get posted - unless it's there and I can
not find it ?

Thanks again.