Isn't this a matter of Drill<->SQLAlchemy. Such a support could likely
enable other frameworks.

Would one think that adaptation of SQLAlchemy to Drill is specific to
Caravel? What subset of features from a RDBMS ORM is meaningfull, feasable
and usefull to map to Drill. This sounds like a broad general question. I
am sure there are orms from other language camps that might want Drill
backends.