So with that Docker file, I got caravel working easily with test data (no
drill yet) that will be weekend fun (and the pyodbc is already installed in
the container, so now it's time to play!)

So I started my docker image with:

sudo docker run -it --rm --net=host
-v=/mapr/brewpot/apps/prod/caravel/working:/app/working:rw
-v=/mapr/brewpot/apps/prod/caravel/cache:/app/cache:rw zeta/caravel
/bin/bash

Now, I passed through a couple of volumes that I am not sure I will need, I
want to play so that my "State" and initialization is saved in those
directories in the running container (this is just early testing) I just
run bash, and then run the commands below and it works. I was lazy here and
just did net host, it would likely work with bridged mode, but I am in an
airport and wanted to see if I could get it working... the fun part will be
working with Drill over the weekend. Thanks again Neeraja for sharing this!

Then I ran these commands(per the docs)  and could explore... pretty easy
actually!

# Create an admin userfabmanager create-admin --app caravel
# Initialize the databasecaravel db upgrade
# Create default roles and permissionscaravel init
# Load some data to play withcaravel load_examples
# Start the development web servercaravel runserver -d