So, without running this, but having it build successfully, this seems like
a good place to start, it has caravel, and pyodbc all installed here. I
will be playing more this weekend....

FROM ubuntu

RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y build-essential libssl-dev
libffi-dev python-dev python-pip

RUN apt-get install -y unixodbc-dev unixodbc-bin

RUN pip install pyodbc

RUN pip install caravel

CMD ["python -v"]