Good question Steve.  I know I've posted some items related to securing of
storage plugins. Perhaps not using Drill itself to secure this, but instead
using a file directory and thus using filesystem permissions to store the
definitions and secure them. (The alternative is to add a znode with unix
like permissions there).  Basically using the same approach to secure
storage plugins as we use for drill views.  This would be very beneficial,
both for S3 stuff, but also for JDBC plugin stuff. There has also been some
conversation around passing credentials to the JDBC plugin to auth per
user, but no work done specifically (that I am aware of)

These are important enterprise level features that I think are very
important to the adoption of Drill.