YARN is not a replacement for Zookeeper. Zookeeper is mandatory to run
Flink in high-availability mode and takes care of leader (JobManager)
election and meta-data persistance.

With YARN, Flink can automatically start new Taskmanagers (and JobManagers)
to compensate for failures. In cluster mode, you need stand-by TMs and JMs
and manually take care that these are "filled-up" again in case of a
failure.